1. Melt 1 lb - 2 lbs of white M&P soap in a pyrex bowl in the microwave in short 20 second intervals.
2. When melted, pour off 1/4 of the soap into a small bowl and another 1/4 into a second small bowl. Tint one bowl with red soap colorant and the second bowl with blue soap colorant. Pour into 16 oz rectangular Glad Food Saver containers and let set up.
3. Pop the wafer like colored soap chunks out of the Food Savers. Use a small star cookie cutter to cut out stars of both colors. With the left over irregular shapes, cut out ’stripes’ of various lengths.
4. Rewarm the remaining 1/2 portion of white M&P soap just until it is barely melted, you want this to be THICK and viscous. Pour into a third Glad Food Saver (I use the 16 oz rectangle type). Let sit until starting to thicken up. Carefully push in and position your Stars and Stripes in the red and blue using the cut outs you made earlier.
5. Spritz the top of your soap with some rubbing alcohol to make sure that no bubbles remain on the top.
6. When completely set up, pop your loaf of soap out of the Glad Food Saver container and slice your amazing soap loaf into 4 bars.