Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Making Your Own Silicone Liners for Your Wood Molds

For those soapmakers who make their soap by the cold process method, I know you use wooden molds for your batches of soap. You may line your molds with parchment paper or garbage bags and you may find that cumbersome. And right know you cannot afford to purchase a new mold with a liner. How would you like to create your own silcone liners for your molds? Well I found this post on a blog titled The Soap Bar that tells you how to do it. In this article titled DIY Silicone Liners for Soap Moulds tells you how to do so and where you need to get the materials. Give it a go and let us know how it turns out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought some silicone from an online store to make liners for my wooden molds. The silicone needs to be at least 1/4 inch thick to hold up and work properly. In my case my husband will need to make new molds increasing the size on all sides at least 1/4 inch or the soap bars will not be the correct size. For those who want to try silicone to make liners, keep this in mind. I'll let you know how they turn out.
Handmade Soap

Soap Crafter said...

Thanks Loyce Anne for sharing that tip. That is useful information for us to know.

Unknown said...

Me and my friend were arguing about an issue similar to this! Now I know that I was right. lol! Thanks for the information you post.
Silicone molds