Monday, March 14, 2011

Hydrating Lip Buff (aka Lip Scrub) Recipe

What is the purpose of a lip buff? According to Alison of DIY Skincare, of using a lip buff or scrub is to exfloliate dead skin cells that tend to dull the skin. When the skin on the lips gets excessively dry, the dead skin cells can begin to flake off, which results in peeling or chapped lips. At this point, lip balm will not help to remedy the problem unless the dead skin cells are removed first. A gentle, natural lip scrub can get the job done quickly! I know that my lips get especially dry during the winter months or if I have been licking my lips alot. I try to not do the latter.

So if you would like to try and make your own lip scrub recipe, then may I suggest the Hydrating Lip Buff Recipe from DIY Skincare.

No comments: