Friday, February 18, 2011

Springtime Rainbow Soaps Tutorial from SoapyLove

Ever since I took my first melt and pour soap making class back in 2002, I am always looking for different ways to create unique soaps. I have always admired Debbie Chialtas's (aka SoapyLove) soap creations and now she has a new tutorial for Springtime Rainbow Soaps which appears on her blog SoapyLove Daily Ditties.

What really attracted me to this project is for a couple of reason. First of all, my favorite time of the year is spring with all of the beautiful burst of color from the flowers. Second, in my younger days I really loved the rainbows and this really brings back happy memories. And now as an adult I am into hearts. So this project would really marry those two favorites into one. Lastly, just looking at the picture of the final product makes me happy.

So why not bring in spring alittle early and create these adorable soaps? If you are interested in more of Debbie's projects then check out her blog. She has a wonderful book out titled, "Soapylove: Squeaky-Clean Projects Using Melt-and-Pour Soap" which has alot of great melt and pour projects. I have the book and I think it is one of the best melt and pour soapmaking books out there for unqiue advanced projects. If you would like to take a class with Debbie and you are in the San Francisco Bay Area, she often teaches through The Nova Studio in Point Richmond. So check out The Nova Studio to see when her next class is offered.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for this tutorial shout out! As you know, I love rainbows and hearts, too. Are you a child of the 80's as well? :)

Thanks again for all of your help to share my projects and class dates at The Nova Studio. I love your blog!

Soap Crafter said...

Not to say how old I am but my youth was in the 60's and 70's but it spilled over into the 80's.