Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Bubble Milk Bath

Do you love taking a bath in the tub rather than a shower?  Or you looking for alittle something different in your milk bath?  Then why not create this Bubble Milk Bath from Thrifty Fun. Make sure to check out some of the other fun bath and body projects from Thrifty Fun.

For this bubble Milk bath recipe there are several simple ingredients that you need to purchase from your local grocery store.  You know one idea is you could subsitute the handcrafted soap chunks with a powdered bubble bath like a Mr. Bubble. 

Ingredients:
1 cup Powdered Milk or powdered buttermilk
1/2 cup Oatmeal
1 cup Baking Soda
4 Tbsp. Corn Starch
2 Tbsp. Cream of Tartar
1/4 cup Handcrafted Soap (cut in chunks)

Optional, fragrance with 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. essential or Fragrance Oil as desired Use a food processor, add chunked handcrafted soap and oatmeal until grainy. Add powdered milk, baking soda, corn starch and cream of tartar. Add fragrance and process until it's powdery. Store in glass jar.
Directions for use: Use 1/4 cup per bath, add to running hot water.


1 comment:

blackdahliadesigns said...

Yum! I make a similar bath but I find some people have an issue with corn starch because I've been told it fosters yeast, so I leave it out (though of course that was by way of mouth and I could be totally wrong). Mine includes powdered milk (love to use a mix of regular powdered mix, and a bit of powdered goats milk), oatmeal as finely ground as I can get it, grated (with a cheese grater) bars of the soap I create myself (ya know, the ugly ones or ends I've cut off, etc), and calendula or lavender. Occasionally fragrance oil but I normally leave it out. I usually whip this up as a baby bath for friends and customers with kids and its a big hit.

MMMMM now I need a bath! :)