This Valentine's Day, show your love by giving this beautiful heart pendant wrapped in a lovely jewelry gift pouch.
Tools and Materials
Gray or brown Ultrasuede
Fuchsia or pink Ultrasuede
Needle and coordinating thread
6-millimeter crystal bead
Jewelry Pouch How-To
1. Print template.
2. Cut a 5 1/4-inch piece of Ultrasuede. Make a fold at 2 3/4 inches and press.
3. Use pinking shears to create a decorative edge on the shorter half, as shown in the template.
4. Sew a crystal to the shorter half, as marked by a small circle on the template.
5. Cut a 3-by-3-inch square from Ultrasuede. Use pinking shears to create a decorative edge on one side.
6. Make a line of fabric glue along long edges of the folded Ultrasuede piece. Lay square on short side of fold, with pinked edge along pinked edge. Fold the other half of pouch over and secure to other side of square.
7. Cut a heart in fuchsia or pink Ultrasuede. Use a screw punch to make a hole at the tip of the heart, as shown in the template.
8. Using fabric glue, attach the top of the heart to the back top of the pouch. Fold over to create a flap, and put crystal through hole to secure.
Ultrasuede from bandjfabrics.com; Crystallized-Swarovski Elements from swarovski-crystallized.com; Fabri-Tac fabric glue by Beacon Adhesives; screw punch from Martha Stewart crafts; all other tools and materials available at crafts and sewing supply stores. Visit our Valentine's Day ideas photo gallery, and sign up for our Valentine's Day Workshop for countless ways to say I love you.
If you would like to check out Martha's Valentine's Workshop, the go to the following link http://www.marthastewart.com/valentinesworkshop