From: The Martha Stewart Show which aired on February 2, 2009
Tools and Materials
24-gauge gold-plated wire
Size 17 knitting needle
Eight 3 mm crystal beads
Eight 4 mm crystal beads
Nine 5 mm crystal beads
Four 6 mm crystal beads
Cording or chain for necklace
1. Cut a 7-inch piece of wire. Fold the piece in half, and make a point at the fold with needle-nose pliers.
2. Measure 1 1/2 inches from the point and, using a knitting needle, wrap the wire around to make half of heart shape. Repeat the same process on the other side to end up with a double teardrop. Pull sides apart and form into a heart shape.
3. Start beading on one of the ends of the wire. Thread two of each size bead in the following order to create a gradation of bead sizes from the heart's center to its point: 3 mm beads, 4 mm beads, 5 mm beads, 6 mm beads, 5 mm beads, 4 mm beads, 3 mm beads. Repeat process on other side of heart.
4. With needle-nose pliers, squeeze the wire ends together and slide a 5 mm bead over both ends. Fold ends of wire up to secure and snip off excess wire.
5. Thread pendant onto cording or chain.
Tools and Materials
2 crimp beads
Forty 3 mm crystal beads
Twenty-four 4 mm crystal beads
Twenty-four 5 mm crystal beads
Twelve 6 mm crystal beads
1. Cut an 18-inch piece of wire. Thread a crimp bead and a clasp onto the wire and loop wire around to thread back through crimp bead. Crimp with crimping pliers. Tip: Brush nail glue on crimp bead to secure.
2. Thread beads onto wire in the following order: Ten 3 mm, Six 4 mm, Six 5 mm, Six 6 mm, Six 5 mm, Six 4 mm, Twenty 3 mm, Six 4 mm, Six 5 mm, Six 6 mm, Six 5 mm, Six 4 mm, Ten 3 mm
3. Attach other half of clasp to wire using a crimp bead and crimping pliers. Cut off excess wire.
To purchase the Crystallized-Swarovski Elements featured in the segment, visit swarovski-crystallized.com. All gold-filled jewelry pieces, jewelry tools, and supplies are from myrontoback.com.
Click through our Valentine's Day Ideas photo gallery and sign up for our Valentine's Day Workshop for more creative ideas.