Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Apple Spice Soap Recipe - Hot Process

Ingredients:

18 oz canola oil
8 oz coconut oil
18 oz olive oil
12oz distilled water
6oz lye
1Tbsp apple pie spice
1Tbsp Tumeric
2Tbsp Apple FO

Instructions:

Make sure you know the safety precautions before making any soap. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Add lye to water and cool to 100 degrees. Melt oils. I melt my oils in the same pot that I later put in the oven. Cool to 100 degrees. Mix oils and lye water together using a stick blender. At light trace add spices then FO. Cover with a lid and put it in the oven for 1 1/2 hours. Scoop into the mold. After 24 hrs I remove it from the mold and cut. I allow it several days to harden, then package. This recipe was modified from Kathy Miller's web site.

Source: http://www.pureandnaturalsoaps.com/recipe-applespicesoap.html

No comments: