Saturday, May 14, 2011

How to Make Scented Fabric Softener & Dryer Sheets

This is the second part of series on how to make your own laundry from The Natural Beauty Workshop which is dedicated to making your own scented dryer sheets and fabric softener. I have never made either of these two items but I do purchase these items from my local store. Now the author of this tutorial says that making your own fabric softener and dryer sheets is made easy and cost effective by using ingredients and materials readily found in most households. Looking over the ingredients and instructions it seems very easy but I am skeptical about white vinegar being the main ingredient for the fabric softener. I am wondering how distilled white vinegar actually softens. I guess I will have to try it and see how it works. If it does work then I will scrap my brand and switch. And if it is a major sucess, then I will be adding these recipes to my eco-friendly housecleaning products file.

No comments: