Martha Stewart on home to make these festive Bambo Candles:
Tools and Materials
Bamboo canes (4 to 6 inches in diameter)
Large wick with metal tab
Bamboo Candles How-To
1. Saw bamboo canes to varying lengths with level bottoms and 2 inches above each shelf for safety.
2. Melt wax in a double boiler; pour in enough to coat shelf surface.
3. Insert a large wick with a metal tab; let wax harden.
4. Fill almost to the top with wax.
5. Let cool for 4 hours before using, and trim wick to 1/4 inch.
This Good Thing was first published in Martha Stewart Living, June 2005.