Sunday, July 10, 2011

Lava Lamp Lip Gloss Recipes

In October 2010, I took a class through College of San Mateo Community Education on making lip balm and lip glosses. One of the recipes made in the class was a lava lamp lip gloss. If you are a child of the 60's or not you will find this to be a really cool project to make. When I showed the sample from the class, there was alot of excitement.

There are many recipes available at your disposable for anyone one to make many lip glosses to give as gifts or to make at a young girl's birthday party. Here are a few that I found:

Lava Lights Lip Gloss (Snowdrift Farms)
How to make Lava Lip Gloss (Bittercreek)
Lava Lamp Lip Gloss (Donated By: Julie H. Florida to Soap Teacher)
Lava Lamp Tutorial (Suds and Wax)
Lava Lamp Lip Gloss (Soap Dish)

If you you would like to see an instructional video on how this project is made, I found this one on You Tube - Lava Lamp Lip Gloss Video.

Now most of the recipes will have one color in a clear oil, but I have seen sample of a dual color. Never have tried the dual color but it did look cool!

1 comment:

Angie Andriot said...

Oh my gosh this is awesome! I must run along now and tweak this recipe for perfumery! So cool!