Sunday, August 15, 2010

Mint Swirl Avocado Oil Soap Recipe - Cold Process

I found this interesting Mint Swirl Avocado Oil cold process soap recipe from Pure and Natural Soaps. What I found most interesting is how the author colored with Crayola crayons.  I have never seen or heard of that before, but if you feel uncomfortable with coloring your soap that way then use something more appropiate colorant which would work much better in cold process soapmaking. Colorants that are in a powder form would probably work much better. But you have to make sure that they are compatible for cold process soapmaking, some of them are not.

The author of this recipe mentions that they purchased their oils in the pharmacy of their local market.  Most of the stores in my area such as Safeway or Lucky do not carry them.  But I know that Whole Foods and Mollie Stone's do carry a selection of essential oils.  You may want to check your health food store to see what is available.

No comments: