Friday, August 6, 2010

Foaming Bath Butter

I found this recipe from Soap Making Essential's website in their receipe section and I thought it was really interesting.  So I wanted to pass it along. I have not made it yet so if any one has, please let us know.  Also check out their other body recipes page.

This has got to be the coolest product ever! Foaming body butter is a premade beauty base that you customize yourself. The kick is that you can make so many different things with it. You can make fantastic bath and body products like foaming sugar scrubs, foaming salt scrubs, whipped body parfaits and meringues, shaving butters and facial washes. Accoring to the website, Brambleberry Soap Making Supplies and New Directions Aromatics carry the base and it is very affordably priced. But when I checked, Brambleberry did not have this product listed on their website. So I do not know if it is gone permanently or what, but at this time they do not sell this product.

To make this simple recipe you will need the following ingredients:

1 lb (454 grams) foaming bath butter
2 ounces (56 grams) Carrier Oil
Essential or Fragrance oil (optional)
Color (optional)

And the directions are very simple to follow.  And Soap Making Essentials says that the process for making these foaming bath and body products is very much the same as the whipped shea butter. And one very imporant tip is not to over mix.  The foaming bath mixture can collaspe if it is whipped more than double its original volume.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool product, but the processing a bit confusing. I want to try the 1lb recipe you describe but the label that came with mine in red caps warned, "DO NOT PROCESS WITH LESS THAN 5 LBS." Everywhere else that I looked said 2LBS. I checked the website where I bought and it said 2.5 lbs. I was wondering what people do having to process so much at once. Do they whip it to say half possible state and then refrigerate and take out small portions to add color and fragrances? So confusing.. Also I didn't think Brambleberry carried this anymore.

Lori Stoia said...

To be honest I have not made this recipe as of yet. And I found the recipe from Soap Making Essentials website and they recommended either Brambleberry or the New Directions Aromatics brand of foaming bath butter.

Like I said I have not made it before so I am not sure if you can make the recipe with less. And I do not know the reasons why each place would be different with each company.

I am going to check with the website it was posted on and ask. Will get back to you.

Lori Stoia said...

I took a class with Erin Pikor at The Nova Studio on 9/12 on Sugar Scrubs and she saids the following...

Concerning the bath butter, the reason it says not to use less than 2 lbs is because it doesn't aerate properly if you use less.