From "Craft Lab"episode DCLB-143
Project designed by Sabrina Collins.
Create the gift that keeps giving—body massage sticks.
Guest Sabrina Collins joins host Jennifer Perkins and shows you how to create massage sticks. She pours melted shea butter and beeswax into a wax paper mold to make the sticks. She then wraps the sticks in a corn husk with ribbon to present as a gift.
1 finished tissue tube
3 to 4 sheets wax paper
3 oz. of pure coco butter
3 oz. of pour shea butter
4 to 6 drops of essential oil or fragrance oils
4 Tbs. of beeswax
hot glueembellishments (optional)
Body Massage Sticks
(1) Line the inside tube with two sheets of wax paper, leaving about 1/2" of wax paper from the bottom.
(2) Cut off some of the excess wax paper from the top (about 2"). Pinch together the bottom tube and wax paper close.
(3) Fold over the wax paper to one side. With strong wide packing tape, secure the bottom of the tube a few times to minimize leakage (figure A).
(4) Stand the tube up against the inside wall of a medium bowl. Use a few garden rocks to hold the tube in place.
(5) Melt the butters and beeswax on low heat on the stove or microwave in intervals of 20 to 30 seconds ensuring that the ingredients do not boil or burn. This mixture should be warm to touch.
(6) Stir in the essential oils and mix well.
(7) Pour the mixture inside the tube with a small funnel.
(8) Place in the freezer for 25 to 30 minutes to solidify.
(9) After the stick has hardened, gently peel away the tube and wax paper with your hands. As you are working you way to the end, use a pair of scissors to cut the bottom out carefully.
(10) With the remaining piece to wax paper, roll the massage stick and tape the center. Wrap a corn husk around the finished stick and secure it with a 2" piece of ribbon in the center of the tube. Hot glue desired embellishments.
(11) Make up a card with the ingredients on one side and a poem on the other.