Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Aromatherapy Book by Jeanne Rose

On Sunday, March 2nd, I was in Book Buyers in Mountain View. I just happened to be browsing in the health section and I found a shelf dedicated to aromatherapy. Now I will tell you that there are alot of aromatherapy books out on the market. Alot of them are dedicated to using them for health purposes, but I was looking for a book on aromatherapy that I could use for soapmaking and body products.

And by luck I found one that I really like. It is The Aromatherapy Book by Jeanne Rose. Although, it was copyrighted in 1992, I found the information most useful. This book is a great reference book because it has a useful aroma glossary, description of essential oils, and useful tables of information. Plus information on aromatics and equipment, chapters on cosemetic aromatherapy, perfume and the scents of smell and ritual aromatics. It has a source list chapter. Like I said it was published in 1992, so more than likely some of the sources may be out of business (and as of this writing I have not checked). And it maybe out of print because I could not find an updated copy on Amazon. Although, I did find another book she wrote in 1996 titled "Women of Aromatherapy: Complete Aromatherapy by the People Who Made It So". I may have to put that on my list to find at the used book

So, if you are if you are looking for books like this, I would suggested your local used book stores. And if you live on the peninsula, I find that Book Buyers in Mountain View to be the best one. That is where I found my first aromatherapy recipe book "Aromatherapy for Mind and Body" by David Schiller and Carol Schiller. If you are looking for that book, I saw that Book Buyers has another copy on their shelf.

No comments: