Wednesday, October 24, 2007

PRESTO POT W/SPIGOT for Melting Soap

Earlier this month, I told you about a soap melting pot from Presto Pot with spigot that is an alternative for your melt and pour soapmaking projects. I finally got to try one of these products.

What is great about this item is that it melts up to 6-7 pounds of soap so if you are making alot of bars at one time. It melts the soap alot faster than a crock pot would but you do have to be careful that you do not have the temp to high or the soap will boil over. I was told the best tempature to melt your glycerin soap is 200 degrees. Once melted the soap easy comes out of the spigot, but fair warning if you allow the remaining soap to harden you will have to get something to clear the spigot's passage way in order for melted soap to flow out. Another minor thing is that after awhile clear glycerin soap may turn a light brown if you keep reheating it.

The person who allowed me try to her Presto Pot did not wash hers out after each use. So, I cannot report on how this product cleans up. But overall, I would purchase this item over "Life of the Party's" Soap Kettle. If you are interested in this piece of equipment to melt your glcyerin soap, check out Ebay and search for Presto Pot w/Spigot or Melting Soap Pot.

So, if you creating melt and pour soap at home to sell on Etsy or someother online selling venue than this is the perfect piece of equipment for you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Where did you get yours from, I recently tried one from www.venuscandles.com and loved it!!

I agree it is great especially if you make a ton of stuff at one time!

Lori Stoia said...

I found out about these from Opalz Zoaps in Palo Alto. The owner said she got them from a guy selling them on ebay. Great for melting soap base for melt and pour soaps.

I am glad you like yours.

Thanks for the tip of www.venuescandles.com.