Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Melt and Pour: Soap Layering Technique

The way I used to creating layered soap by the melt and pour method, I used to melt a small amount of glycerin soap, add coloring and pouring it into a mold. I would allow the first layer to cure before adding the next layer.

Now, I have learned a new trick to to creating the layered soap look. First, I melt a small amount of glycerin soap (the layer should be thin) and adding color then pour into a smooth rectangle mold from the Life of the Party brand. Allow time to cool. I repeat this method two more times with different colors and pour into separate molds. Once all of the layers of soap have hardened, I will pop them out of the molds. Then I take three layers of different colors (that is about the capacity of what a Life of the Party mold will hold) and place them in a smooth rectangle shaped mold. I melt a small amount of clear glycerin soap and add a fragrance. With a popsicle stick, I lift a corner the color soap and pour a small amount of soap to cover the bottom of the mold. Once that is done, I carefully place the soap back down into the mold. And pour the remaining soap to the top of the mold. Allow time to harden and remove from mold.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm going to have my daughter check out your blog. She loves doing M & P and she's just learning all the things she can play with. She'll enjoy reading your blog =)

Lori Stoia said...

Thank you so much. I appreciate your kind words and letting people know about my blog. Please Spread the word!