A country fresh soap with the bracing scent of lavender, rose and the gentle scrubbing action of ground almonds. The soap is a light lavender hue with natural speckles throughout from the dried botanicals. Makes three oval bars.
Fields Landing Soap Factory -
Creamy Coconut Soap base: 12 ounces
Lavender & Victorian Rose fragrance oils: 5 drops Lavender oil and 15 drops Victorian Rose oil.
Red & Blue Colorant: 5 drops Red and 2 drops Blue.
Standard Bar Soap Shapes Mold, #71120
1 Teaspoon each of finely chopped dried Lavender buds, dried Rose petals and wheat bran.
1 Tablespoon finely ground almonds
2 cup Pyrex measuring cup.
Microwave or double boiler.
1. Slice soap into thin 1/8" strips for quick, easy melting.
2. Place sliced soap into the Pyrex measuring cup and microwave for approximately 45 seconds to 1 minute on high. The melting time will vary depending on the amount of soap. Remove and stir lightly. Continue to microwave at 15-second intervals until completely melted.
3. Mix in the dried lavender buds, rose petals, wheat bran and the ground almonds.
4. Add a few drops of fragrance oil until desired level of fragrance is achieved.
5. Mix the soap as it cools until it becomes jelly-like. This helps to distribute the botanicals evenly throughout the soap, rather than sinking to the bottom of the mold.
6. Pour the soap into the mold. Let the soap cool and harden completely before removing from the mold. The soap will pop out easily when completely set. For a fast set, allow the soap to cool for 1 minute then cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until cooled.
Copyright 2004 - Environmental Technology Inc. - www.eti-usa.com
If you are looking for other recipes, check out some of the links in the side bar or check in my archive. There are alot of recipes in both places. I am always looking for new recipes to post on my blog, so please return in the future.