Sunday, December 13, 2009
Hanukkah Clip-Art Favor Boxes
Silver gelt, chocolate coins wrapped in foil, make charming favors when presented in clip-art card-stock boxes tied with ribbon and a Star of David.
Tools and Materials
Clip art from Martha Stewart (link below)
Matte heavyweight paper
Star of David craft punch
Narrow satin ribbon
Hanukkah Clip-Art How-To
1. Download clip art (http://images.marthastewart.com/images/content/web/pdfs/2009Q4/msl_1209_hanukkah_envelope2.pdf), and print onto matte heavyweight paper; cut out.
2. Score along dotted lines with a bone folder. For straight lines, use a ruler for guidance.
3. Fold box, first along straight lines, then on one end to close. Fill box with gelt. Close open end.
4. Using craft punch, punch out a star from silver paper.
5. Wrap ribbon around box, and secure with a star using double-sided tape.
6. Trim ends of ribbon on the diagonal.