Sunday, July 26, 2009

Bath Jelly Recipe

Bath Jelly Recipe - by Amy Vollmer

Ingredients:
1/2 cup melted transparent Melt & Pour base
2 cups water
1 envelope Knox unflavored gelatin
1/2 oz Germaben II
Fragrance oil
3 or 4 colorants
3 or 4 small containers

Directions:
Pour envelope of gelatin into a bowl and set aside. Microwave 2 cups of water until boiling. Gently pour into the bowl of gelatin and stir until completely dissolved. In the meantime melt the M&P in the microwave. Add fragrance oil to the melted M&P. Slowly pour the soap into the gelatin and stir gently. When mixed thoroughly, pour into individual containers and color. Place uncovered containers in the refrigerator until firm.

Empty Playdoh containers work perfectly and bath jelly can be colored to match the lids! Kids have a blast with this jelly. They can scoop it out and toss into running water, paint the tub and themselves, glob onto a scrunchie or washcloth and even bathe with it! The possibilities are endless!

Blogger Note: I found this recipe that I wanted to share. I have a similiar recipe but mine calls for clear liquid soap instead of melted soap base. I do not know how this effects the overall appearance as in firmess of product. Also, this recipe calls for Germaben II (perservative), which I believe contains parabens, that mine does not include. Since I use another perservative for my lotions and creams I will consider adding it to my recipe.

Source: http://bathnbody.craftgossip.com/bath-jelly-recipe-2/2009/07/01/

No comments: