Jojoba Butter profile from Oils by Nature
Jojoba Butter (Simmondsia Chinensis)
Jojoba Butter (Oil) comes from a shrub that grows well in the arid and semi-dry regions of southern California, Arizona and northwest Mexico. The Jojoba plant begins bearing seeds once it reaches its fifth year of maturity.
Highly regarded by Native Americans for its cosmetic properties, Jojoba butter’s ability to heal the skin also created a belief that the oil had mystical properties.
This natural butter is expeller pressed from the fruit (nut) of the jojoba plant that grows up to 10 feet high and is found in the deserts of the U.S. and Mexico. This odorless butter makes it an ideal base conditioners and suntan lotions.
Jojoba oil is the most similar to our own sebum which is secreted by our sebaceous glands and helps to lubricate and protect your skin and hair and is now available in butter form.
Jojoba butter contains protein, minerals, natural tocopherol, high content of eicosenoic acid and long chain monounsaturated long chain fatty acids, as well as a waxy substance similar to collagen. Hypo-allergenic and pure, Jojoba butter is perfect for any skin type, especially those with a large molecular structure.
Common Uses of Jojoba Butter
* After sun creams and lotions
* Sun protection products
Benefits of Jojoba Butter
* Reduces wrinkles and stretch marks
* Helps lighten and heal scars
* Acts as a humectant by creating a protective film over skin and hair shaft that seals in moisture
* Dissolves clogged pores and returns skin to natural pH balance
* Penetrates pores and hair follicles rapidly to reduce water loss
* Feels non-greasy* Aids spreadability and lubricity
* Effective conditioner, moisturizer and softener for skin and hair