Tuesday, November 22, 2016

How to Soap with Accelerating Fragrance Oils

I have only been making cold process soap for about  2 years.    I normally make my soap with essential oils.  I find that lavender essential oil seems to accelerate trace from most of the essential oils that I have used.  As for fragrance oil, I have only tried in cold process soap was Brambleberry's Holiday Ribbon Candy which worked really well.  But if there is a fragrance oil that accelerates your batch there are ways to tweak your recipe to account for acceleration that be a balancing act and to be honest it takes practice.  According to The Soap Queen, there are several aspects of the recipe you can change to make the acceleration more manageable, including changing the design and avoiding certain additives. Even if the fragrance accelerates slightly and you tweek the recipe to include more slow-moving oils that can also counteract the acceleration. But if the acceleration is extreme enough, no recipe or method can prevent it. What to learn more?  Check out the post by The Soap Queen called How to Soap with Accelerating Fragrance Oils.

No comments: