Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Natural Preservative...The $64,000 Question

Ever since I took a lotion class way back in 2008, I have been hearing alot about preservatives and arguments for and against using them in the products I make.  There are concerns that some preservatives that contain parabens causing cancer, yada, yada, yada and if there is a natural subsitute.  Then there is a debate whether or not there is a "natural" subsitute.  I found this article titled, The Greate Debate: Is There a Natural Prservative?  by Erica of The Bonnie Bath Company.  In her informative article, Erica goes into depth about the great debate, business trends, complications, and more about this subject.  It is highly recommended reading on this subject that you will want to read. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How natural a lotion should be? I keep asking this question for years now. I have read many articles about the do's and don't when buying cosmetics, honestly some are quite confusing. I just want to know, what are the chemicals that must be avoided when buying lipstick or lotion, specifically?
http://www.gillco.com/