Monday, January 2, 2012

Almonds, Chocolate and Lavender (CP Soap Tutorial)

As I browosed my daily listings of the sites I follow, I came across this interesting cold process recipe for Almonds, Chocolate and Lavender on The Soap Queen's blog - Soap and the Finer Things in Life. I thought that chocolate and almonds in a soap recipe, but I was not sure how the lavender plays a part or effect the other two. According to the introduction, the fragrance oil blend of chocolate and lavender is a gourmet candy like combination (think sophisticated foodie chocolate). This fragrance combonation is added to almond milk byproduct of almond meal is a gentle exfoliant and a lovely way to get a little more cleaning power from your bar. When reading this recipe, it gave me the idea it would be the perfect gift for the foodie in your life or given to your sweetie at Valentine's Day.

This would be a really interesting to try for the intermediate cold proess soap maker. It should take you 45 mins (without curing time) and yield you about 2 pounds of soap.

No comments: