Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Winter Lip Butter

Winter is now upon us and what do we do about our chapped lips? Well, I found this Winter Lip Butter recipe by Alison Kontur of Bath Body Supply. This appears on Alison's blog "Design It Yourself" Skincare.

What is really interesting are the ingredients for this recipe. The ingredients that you will need for this recipe are Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil - Clear/Organic, Macadamia Nut Oil, Jojoba Wax Pastilles, Menthol Flavor Fragrance Oil, Sweetener Powder (optional)and Radiant Gold Mica (optional). I guess the most interesting ingredient for me is the jojoba wax pastilles. The reason why is that I have never heard or used this ingredient before. If I made a lip balm in a pot before I have used beeswax pastilles. But if you were creating it for a vegan one would use carnuba wax. I guess jojoba wax pastilles would be a subsitute for beeswax. Now that I have seen this ingredient, I am interested in looking for more information about it. Has anyone out there used it before?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I haven't but I would love to learn more! :)