Saturday, December 18, 2010

New Pharmacy Opens in Menlo Park.

In 2008, Elephant Pharm (my favorite pharmacy) in Los Altos closed. So for two years nothing could fill my void of essential oils and herbs that I could use in my classes. Recently, a new integrated pharmacy in Menlo Park opened by the name of Pharmaca.

I finally got to visit this new pharmacy today and want to tell you about it. Besides refilling your prescriptions you can purchased alot of other products. But the one thing I wanted to report to students who have taken classes from me that they carry some of the Aura Cacia essential oil and carrier oils that I have used in class. The prices are comparable to Whole Foods Market but if you are looking for more of a variety then to Whole Foods. Pharmaca would be good in a pinch.Pharmaca also sells some of their own brand name essential oils. I do not know the brand personally but would aske the staff more on it. They also offer limited workshops. For example, they had a discussion of aromatherapy and colds.

Pharmaca is located at 871 Santa Cruz Avenue, Menlo Park, Ca. Phone number is 650/818-6300. Hours are Monday-Friday 9 am to 9 pm; Saturday 9 am to 9 pm and Sunday 9 am to 7 pm. Pharmaca's website is http://www.pharmaca.com/.

For those who cannot make to the Menlo Park location, there is a location in Los Gatos.

Pharmaca does not compare to Elephant Pharm but I would say that it comes in a close second. I will still shop there if I need to run in for a last minute for a certain essential oil.

No comments: