Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Foaming Bath Salts

Here is a great recipe for adding bubbles and softening hard water:

Mix together:

1 cup course salt
1 cup graded soap
1 cup Epsom salts
5 drops of liquid colorant
5 drops of honeysuckle fragrance oil
5 drops of honey fragrance oil
5 drops of lily of the valley fragrance oil

Shake every day for a week. Package as desired.

Recommendations: How about subsituting a powdered bubble bath like Mr. Bubbles instead of graded soap? Also, you do not have to stick with the combonation of fragrance oils in this recipe, you can create your own. I would use about the same total amount of drops.


If you are looking for other recipes, check out some of the links in the side bar or check in my archive. There are alot of recipes in both places. I am always looking for new recipes to post on my blog, so please return in the future.


Source: Melt and Pour Soapmaking by Marie Browning, page 83. Sterling Publishing. New York, New York.

3 comments:

Robert said...

The recipe posted above would make nothing but a ring on the bathtub. Epsom salts and grated soap should never be used together, because that's what they'll make. Epsom salts "harden" water.

Lori Stoia said...

Thanks for the tip! When I make bath salts I don't use Epsom Salts myself. I usually use dead sea salt.

Lori Stoia said...

I prefer the poured bubble bath myself.