Saturday, April 21, 2007

Natural Body Products Book

When I was taking a class from Lori Nova at DeAnza College, I was looking at some of her books before class started. I came across a book title," Natural Bodycare...Recipes for health and beauty " by Julia Meadows.

The book goes in to great detail about ingredients, equipment, hand and footcare, glossary of terms, packaging and more. It has great recipes on dusting powders, lotions, creams, body milks, infused oils and perfumes, scrubs and exfoliants. I really like this book for the information, but my main complaint is about some of the ingredients. For example, the basic body lotion asks for 2 tbsp of monostearate, 2 tsp of isosteroyal lactylate, 1/2 tsp of modified lecithin. My main question is what are these ingredients and where can I get them? And they are not easy to find and you cannot just walk into your local grocery or health food store for these. I am still on the hunt for them.

But overall, I think it is a great book your body products library. I must warn you that this book maybe out of print. So, you may have purchase a used copy from someone on Amazon.com or on an auction through Ebay.

No comments: