Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Whipped Butter and Lotions Stick Class @ The Nova Studio

On July 12th, I took the Whipped Butter and Lotions class taught by Joan Morais at The Nova Studio. I had previously taken a body butters class from Lori in which we learned how to make 3 different types of body butter which included atraditional body butter, massage bar and an exfloiating body butter scrub. But, I was really interested in learning how to make a lotion stick. And I saw this class offered through The Nova Studio (http://www.thenovastudio.com/).

I knew of Joan, but never took a class from her since she primarily teaches in the north bay (Napa, Fairfield, Sonoma and Sacramento area). I forgot how I found out about Joan, but I do remember going online and finding a clip of her appearing on a Sacramento TV station demonstrating how to make a whipped body butter.

First of all this class is a demo class. The first part of the class was discussion of products and ingredients and the last part was a demo of making the products. Joan's recipes are small and are easy to multiply to make larger batches of products. But the end of the class each student got to take home a jar of whipped butter and a lotion stick and a great information packaged handout.

If you have already taken Lori's body butters class, I would highly recommend taking Joan's class to supplement your knowledge. You will not be sorry. I am definately happy with the class. I am only sorry that her Age Defying Cream class (Note: This class will be offered again on 11/8/08) at The Nova Studio is filled or I would take that class to. Joan will be teaching a soy candle class in September if anyone is interested. If you would like more information about Joan and where she is teaching her classes go to her website at http://www.joanmorais.com/. For other classes offered at The Nova Studio, go to http://www.thenovastudio.com/.


No comments: