Thursday, August 28, 2008

Scented Stones

Great as room fresheners!

You will need:
One ceramic or glass bowl
1/2 cup flour (do not use self-rising flour)
1/4 cup salt
1/2 tablespoon alum (available in drug stores)
1 tablespoon essential or fragrance oil
2/3 cup boiling water and food coloring (optional).

Directions:
In ceramic or glass bowl, thoroughly mix dry ingredients.Add essential oil and boiling water.

NOTE: Scent will be strong, but will fade slightly when pastilles dry. For colored dough, blend in food coloring one drop at a time until desired shade is achieved.Blend ingredients to form a ball.Working with a small amount at a time, roll dough between palms of hands to form small balls.Note: cover unused dough to keep it from drying out. Allow pastilles to dry.


If you are looking for other recipes, check out some of the links in the side bar or check in my archive. There are alot of recipes in both places. I am always looking for new recipes to post on my blog, so please return in the future.


Source: http://www.teachsoap.com/recipes.html

7 comments:

Rhody's said...

Hi, can you tell me what exactly Alum is? I ordered it at my drug store and they came up with Aluminium Acetate.Is that it? If not can you tell me the full name of Alum? I would really appreciate it.
Thanks
Jan

Rhody's said...

Hi, can you tell me what exactly Alum is? I ordered it at my drug store and they came up with Aluminium Acetate.Is that it? If not can you tell me the full name of Alum? I would really appreciate it.
Thanks
Jan

Lori Stoia said...

Here are some links that describe alum -

http://www.ask.com/bar?q=what+is+alum&page=1&qsrc=178&ab=2&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ochef.com%2F1080.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alum

Hope this helps. If I find anymore info I will let you know.

Rhody's said...

So its not Aluminum acetate. I still have no idea what it is lol. My pharamist got me aluminum acetate but since I have no idea what it is I didnt buy it. Do you know if its in liquid form or solid? This is really driving me nuts! One of the receipes call for it and I dont know what it is. It says to get it at your drugstore but unless I have the full name I dont know what to ask for. Thanks for your help,I appreciate it

Jan

Lori Stoia said...

I have never used that ingredient before so I am not sure how to answer the question.

If I find any info on it I will let you know.

Angel Scents said...

Lori, I got it! Its a powder and finally I got it! Thanks for all your help. Glad I finally found out what it is!

Jan

Lori Stoia said...

I am glad it worked out for you.