Friday, February 15, 2008

Mojito Soap Recipe (cold process)

When I took Lori Nova's Cold Process Soapmaking 201 (layering and Swirls) class in Januuary, I had picked her Mojito scented soap. Mojito had become a favorite scent of mine since I took her body butters class so that a likely choice for me. And I have been looking for a recipe that would be close to recreate it. So I found this recipe to pass along to anyone whose favorite drink is a Mojito.

Click here for the cold process soap recipe for Mojito soap: www.snowdriftfarm.com/form_mojito.html

2 comments:

Lori at The Nova Studio said...

hi lori stoia, it's lori nova! i'd be happy to share my mojito soap recipe with you. it certainly is a popular one that i've been making for a few years now. i like to keep it all-natural so i use only pure essential oils (no fragrance oils). for a 4-lb. batch of oils (makes about 18 bars of soap), i use 2.5 ounces of lime essential oil and 1 ounce of spearmint essential oil. that's 3.5 ounces of essential oil total for the batch. you can vary the ratio a bit of you want it to smell more like spearmint, but this is the scent recipe i used for the soap you took home. you can use any base oil recipe that you are comfortable with. sometimes i also add a few teaspoons of spearmint for show depending on my mood. happy soaping!

Lori Stoia said...

Thank you! The mojito and the orange spice are my favorites of all of your CP soaps.

Looking forward to your HP class! I could not make David's class this weekend. I hope you offer it again in the future.