Friday, February 5, 2016

Calculating mold/recipe size

Have you received a mold that you do not know what the size of the recipe you can put in the mold? Or did you find something that is not a normal mold that it is used for soap and you want to calculate how much of soap you can put it in? I have not had to figure that out yet, but I have purchased some 9x9 silicone cake molds that I thought I would use for cold process soap batches.  So I went out on the hunt for some information on how to calculate this information. I happen to come across this posting called Calculating Mold/Recipe Size by Janice from West Virginia that appears on the website Soapmaking Essentials.com.  This will give you some basic formulas on how to figure the correct amount you will need for your mold.  Good luck!

No comments: