Lavender Eye Mask How-To
Tools and Materials
12-by-10-inch piece of woven silk
Needle or point turner
Funnel or paper cone
1. Fold silk in half horizontally, and place the template on the fabric, aligning the straight side of the template with the fold. Trace the template with tailor's chalk, and cut it out, making sure not to cut along the fold.
2. Pin the layers together, and machine-sew a 1/4-inch seam around the perimeter, leaving a 1 1/2-inch opening on both sides of the mask. Pink the seam allowance to prevent fraying, and cut notches along the nose area to ease the curve.
3. Turn the mask right side out, and use a point turner or needle to shape the corners. Fold the mask in half vertically, and press a crease into the fold.
4. Unfold the mask, and stitch over the crease from top to bottom.
5. Mix 3/4 cup flaxseed with 2 tablespoons lavender. Use a funnel or paper cone to fill each side of the mask with about 4 ounces mixture per side.
6. Close the openings of the mask with small hand stitches.